So, I'm constantly amazed when I hear that someone doesn't believe in God. I, personally, simply cannot imagine it. The new debate board on pw has several that don't believe. Now, for me, it has always been very easy to believe in God. I was introduced to God at a very early age. I went through my early pre-teen stage of "where is He, how do you know He is real, etc.". My parents handled it somewhat well I guess lol---I started believing again. I can still remember vividly going through conviction at 14 years old.....and, I believe everyone goes through it.....unfortunately some either ignore it or don't understand what's happening to them. Jordan just went through it about 6 months ago and was saved. There is nothing in the world more wonderful than knowing that your child has accepted Jesus as their Savior and will live forever with you in heaven.
I don't understand growing up believing and then suddenly stopping. What could possibly happen to someone in their life that makes them give up on the one thing that could see them through? I look at what Lauren's been through---a parent's worst fear---it would've been so easy to blame God; instead my husband and I took the harder road and put it all in His hands. Why do I say it's the harder road? Because being human, it's much easier to be angry at someone rather than accept what they've handed you.
Now, the main thing that has my mind reeling about all this stuff is a few women on the debate board state that they don't believe in God. But, in the same breath will say -- I hope that death isn't the end....or that they believe in reincarnation. Why is it feasible to believe in something like reincarnation but so hard to believe that God exists? That makes absolutely no sense to me. Then there are others that believe death is the end---that's it---you die and become dirt and worm food. What a depressing thought. How can anyone live this life knowing that their actions do not matter.....and that's what it boils down to.....yes, their loved ones they leave behind will remember them and perhaps their grandchildren...but after that they're not in anyone's memory. Nothing about them lives on. So, why not lie, cheat, and steal? especially if you find a way to not get caught? doesn't matter----you'll never have to answer for it.......some will answer with morals --- being remembered as a good person---really, does it matter? what will you care once your gone?
Seriously blows my mind.
With that being said..........I guess the bottom line between believers and non-believers is which would you rather be...............a believer that turns out to be wrong (how would they know) or a non-believer that turns out to be wrong (they'll most surely know)?
That's not why I believe......but I don't understand how any intelligent person can choose the latter. Maybe taking that simple step is the way to getting back on track with God.
And then the very bottom line to me is: it's just so simple! How can you look at your child and say there is no God....that he/she just came from millions of years of worms turning into bugs turning into fish, etc.......I just don't get it.
Maybe it's easier for me.........every single prayer of mine has been answered. Every single one. Do I pray for money, fancy cars, huge mansion.......no.........do I pray for Lauren to be cured? No......God made her this way for a reason. Do I pray that she'll be able to live with it and have a long/happy life? yes, I do about every 5 minutes of every single day. Does praying for it more than once mean I don't think He'll follow through with my request? No----just letting Him know how serious I am about it :)
Whew---just wanted this out :) Hope I didn't offend anyone..........just how I feel about it!
Monday, September 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I know what you mean. It is hard to put kids in the hands of God during traumatic times (like Lauren's surgery) but I remember "even every hair is counted" and I know that he knows my babies even better than I do. They have someone better than myself to watch over them.
You know what gets me? How can people have children, look into those eyes for the first time and not automatically know that they are a miracle gift from god? I can not look at my children and take 100% credit for creating them. I am too imperfect to make such a perfect thing.
For those two alone I owe God so much...
I am not extremely religious by any means, but I can't help but find it sad when someone doesn't know him at all, or prefers a life without him.
It is really hard for me to wrap my mind around.
It's hard to be a "believer". Having faith in the fact that God is real is hard even for some of the most Christian people. I just can't imagine not believing in anything. I always wonder how people think we got here...and if they say evolution...then tell me how it all began. I can't imagine that what we're living right now is all there is to life. I'm proud to be a believer
Jeannie, my husband has often questioned religion and belief in God. He was not raised with any sort of faith-based beliefs and struggled with it. BUT (and you nailed it!) when our son was born, one of the first things out of his mouth is "how can something this perfect come from nothing?" It was at that point that he acknowledged, really acknowledged that there is a God.
Post a Comment