Everything is going really well around here. My mom took my 2 girls to her house last night for a couple of hours---dh and I got in some much needed quality time....we hung out in the pool and I drank a B&J daiquiri cooler---seriously the first time I've drank in forever---and talked & talked----I really enjoyed it!
Lauren's room has me a little overwhelmed---I've taken on quite the project of painting a Franklin mural on one of her walls---I've got it 85% drawn---I just hope it turns out like it is in my head! I think she'll love it. We finally have ideas for Jordan's den---I'll post a separate post for it and show you our ideas---I can't wait to start it.
My grandma seems to be doing good at the nursing home--Mom went and saw her yesterday for the first time---grandma treated her really good----I am happy about that! She still thinks she's going to get to come home soon, but everyone is just going to let her think that. It isn't impossible if the new meds they've put her on get her straightened out.
So, my brother is getting married again------she is so nice and a fantastic mom. Madison and Karli (my 2 neices) are crazy about her. I've got to admit that I miss Jill--his ex--for 10 years she and I either saw each other or talked on the phone every single day. I haven't seen or talked to her in over 6 months---I just can't believe how she changed so quickly. It's almost like she died...I just never dreamed she'd do the stuff she's done.
My mom has got her hopes up so high for something and I hope it happens for her---she and her 3 brothers & half-sister filed a lawsuit against the VA (veteran's hospital) for the lack of treatment and ultimate demise of my grandpa. I am one of those people that does not believe in "lawsuit happy" people against the medical field, but in this case they are horribly in the wrong. They sent my grandpa home having a massive heart attack and told him he had heartburn. Then when my mom took him back, he laid there and had another one---they didn't do ANYTHING for him---finally got him moved to another hospital---they immediately took him to surgery but he just never recovered. He was such a good-hearted person---he died 4 days after I had Lauren. Anyway, they've contacted my mom's brother and supposedly they've won the suit and are being given a large sum of money to split between the kids---I hope it does happen---my Mom needs a break!
Hmmm what else---oh---Jordan wants to go back to school this fall---I sooooo don't want her to...it's so different than when I was in school....I'm not telling her she can't go; I'm encouraging her the best I can....but i still wish she'd change her mind. People just sometimes act so differently about kids that are homeschooled---I had no idea---but are circumstances were quite different---and it really did work for us---Jordan & Lauren have for the most part been extremely healthy the last 2 years---usually Jordan would have been on antibiotics 3-4 times each year. I'll miss her :( But, she still won't let me call the school and have her re-admitted yet, so she's not 100% sure she's going back. I really just love having her home, teaching her, making plans w/o having to go around a schedule, not to mention how much time Lauren was in the hospital last year--we just never know when she'll need something else done. Don't get me wrong---Jordan still needs to have a life too, but I'm just being selfish :)
I think that's it for now!
Sunday, June 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Glad to see you updating!!! :D
Hope it all works out for your mom, your brother sounds like he's pretty happy! Sorry about your x SIL, could be she didn't know what you would think about them splitting or her hooking up w/someone else and didn't know how you'd take it ...
good luck with the homeschooling thing. ;)
I'm glad you updated too! I can't wait to see the kids rooms, and I am so happy everything is going well. :)
I'm glad your mom had a good visit with your Grandma. Hopefully, they get her meds at the therapeutic level they need to be at.
I can't wait to see pictures of your girls' rooms! Did you do "before" pics? I'd love to see before, during, & after! Your ideas sound so cool!
Katie--I have before pics---I need to take some during now that u mention it :) And, I'll definitely post the results for all of u when it's done!!!
Post a Comment